Monday, April 5, 2010

Caden's birth- January 23, 2010



Well, my water broke at 3:30 a.m. on January 23, 2010. I woke up and had to run to the shower! I was in shock, but knew I needed to wake Chris up. When I finally woke him up, he was like, "are you sure??" about 3 times!I finally shower him that my water was running down my legs and he realized this was the real thing! He decided to take a shower! haha! And i was busy getting dressed and grabbing my bags. We called our parents on the way to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital about 4:00a.m. They got me a room and I knew it was going to be a little while. I was dilating, but slowly, so began giving me pitocin. After that, I was given my epidural because my contractions were starting to hurt a little. I was so relaxed after that, and talked to Chris and our families. Also, Brittany and Lindsey came and lexi was the most wonderful nurse! After I finally was dialted to 10 cm, it was time to start pushing...We then realized that Caden was still "sunny side up" and Dr. Barron had to turn him. I pushed for about 1 1/2 hours, and at 5:51 p.m. Caden Sanders Campbell was born! The feeling is indescribable and he was more adorable than I ever could have imagined. He was 7 lbs. and 10 oz. and 21 1/4 inches long. He was perfectly healthy and let out some very loud screams, although I was glad that he was healthy and screaming is a good sign! : )


Our families, who had been waiting all day, came in and were as excited as we were. I think that overall I had a great labor and delivery and it went very smoothly. After I was able to get some warm blankets and a sprite, they rolled me up to the 2nd floor and Chris and Caden and i could chill out for a little while. We all went right to sleep!


The next day, we had visitors non-stop and everyone could not get over all of Caden's hair and of course how cute he was!

No comments:

Post a Comment